Whether you enjoy foraging in the forest or at the supermarket, berries are everywhere. We think oat season should be all the time and to celebrate the coming together of these two seasons we have chosen our 3 favourite oats & berries mash-up recipes.
Queen’s smoothie (FIN)
A cool and fresh drink fit for a queen. To be enjoyed in the late autumn sunshine.
1 dl blueberries
1 dl raspberries
3 dl milk
2 tbsp honey or sugar
½ dl Elovena Oat Flakes
- Put the ingredients in a deep bowl
- Puree with a hand mixer or food processor. Enjoy cold.
Easy gluten-free berry pie (FIN)
For those who said farewell to gluten, but not to the finer things in life.
150 g lactose free margarine
1 ½ dl sugar
1 tsp baking powder
5-6 dl berries such as blueberries, raspberries and/or lingonberries
1 ½ tbsp potato starch
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the egg and sugar mix. Mix until smooth.
- Press the dough into the bottom and edges of a greased pie pan.
- Mix together the berries, sugar and potato starch. Spread the mixture onto the base.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Berry porridge (FIN)
Because breakfast can be sweet and porridge can be dessert.
5 dl raspberries or strawberries
3 dl Elovena Oat Flakes
2 dl milk
¾ dl sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Puree the berries in a blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Let the porridge set for about 5 minutes in the refrigerator
- Enjoy as breakfast or as a snack.
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.