This fruity gluten-free Christmas Pudding makes your tongue water. And your tongue will water a while, because the pudding takes hours to make. We suggest you to be patient because the Christmas Pudding is worth waiting.
125 g raisins
125 g sultanas
75 g dried cranberries
50 g mixed peel
100 g Provena Gluten Free Oat Bread Mix
100 g brown sugar
2 tsp mixed spice
100 g prunes
1 orange rind grated & juice
50 g oil
1 lemon rind grated & juice
1 greaseproof paper
1 tin foil
1. Mix together the raisins, sultanas, dried cranberries, mixed peel, flour, sugar and mixed spice.
2. Chop the prunes and stir these into the bowl.
3. Mix in the oil, grated lemon and orange rinds & juices.
4. Stir well and leave to stand for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Grease the sides of a 1lt/2pt pudding basin then cut two circles of greaseproof paper the size of the top of the pudding basin and reserve these.
6. Stir the mixture again then press the mixture into the 1lt/2pt pudding basin.
7. Cover the top of the puddings with the greaseproof paper circles.
8. Spread tin foil over the top of the pudding basin tucking it in well around the outer rim.
9. Place the pudding basin in saucepan then fill with water until it is half way up basin.
10. Put the lid on the saucepan and boil for 5 hours.
11. Carefully remove the pudding and cool without removing the foil or greaseproof paper.
12. Store the pudding until required.
13. Before eating, remove and refresh the greaseproof paper and foil layers.
14. Place the pudding basin in saucepan then fill with water until it is half way up basin.
15. Steam for a further 2 hours.
16. Put a plate on top of the pudding basin and carefully invert the pudding.
17. Serve warm.
Temperature & cooking time:
Simmer on hob for 5 hours then for 2 hours
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.